I live in Cheshire, England, with my partner and dog. My dream is to travel the world through harvest while collecting stories, friendships and delicious wines. I have done two harvests already, one in England and the other in Australia. Many more to go!
On this website, I share the best stories that I have come across. No repetitive tasting notes of very expensive bottles of wines. No writing that screams narcissism. Just things that I hope to bring you insight, and, hopefully, some entertainment!
Beside writing informative articles and creating bespoke wine maps in English, I also write fiction and draw manga about wine in Chinese. You can get a sense of my style here:
Before arriving in wine, I worked in academia, charity and tech. Below is a selection of my published research papers:
Some of my academic work
- African migrants in China: space, race and embodied encounters in Guangzhou, article in Social & Cultural Geography Issue 5, Volume 21 2020. Co-authored with Dr Phileppe Le Billon
- Grassroots Social Change Triggered by Africa-China Encounters in Urban China, chapter in Chinese and African Entrepreneurs, 2019.
- Shifting Territorialities of an African Space in China, chapter in Shifting Territorialities of an African Space in China, 2018. Co-authored with Dr Karsten Giese.
- Chinese International Students in the UK: Everyday challenges and policy recommendations. Report published by the All-Party Parliamentary Chinese in Britain Group, 2017. Lead researcher and writer for British Chinese Project.
- 广州的非洲人和中国人之间的地缘政治分析, chapter in 广州国际移民区的社会空间景观, 2016. Edited by Dr Li Zhigang.
According to an ancient Chinese poem, when drinking with someone who really gets you, a thousand glasses wouldn’t be enough. I am prepared to drink a thousand glasses with you. What about you?
Just a tiny bit more about me
- WSET Diploma (in progress)
- Vintage 2021 - Hattingley Valley in UK
- Vintage 2023 - Tyrrell's in Hunter Valley
- Vintage 2023 - Boigey Freres in Burgundy
- MSc London School of Economics
- MSc Peking University
- BA Honours University of British Columbia
When I'm off, I enjoy...
- Cooking good food
- Hiking with my dog ❤️
- Binging on good stories!